One of Scotland’s leading PR, public affairs and design agencies, is seeking a new Account Manager,
Due to continued expansion they need an exceptional self-starter to fulfil this role, an individual who exhibits a proactive and positive approach. The role will involve daily management of client accounts, including strategic planning and advice, with a particular emphasis on the provision of PR and media relations, digital PR and social media support. In return, you will enjoy a varied and stimulating working environment with the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and experience across a broad range of sectors and working with a professional, dynamic, friendly and approachable team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage day-to-day relationships with clients, ensuring they receive structured and strategic communications advice and support.
- Working in close consultation with the client, to plan and implement communications strategies on their behalf.
- Assisting clients to develop positive relationships with target stakeholders and to raise their profile and protect and enhance their reputation.
- Managing relationships with journalists and the media on behalf of clients.
- Participating actively in business development, networking and profile-raising activity on behalf of the company.
- Proactively managing social media channels on behalf of clients including development and implementation of targeted social media strategies and campaigns.
- Researching and writing media and other copy in a range of styles and formats to suit a variety of different audiences and to a consistently high standard.
- Proactive media monitoring and briefing on clients’ behalf.
- Where appropriate, selling in additional design and digital services that can further assist the client to achieve their communications objectives.
- Actively participating in new client pitches with the aim of securing new business for the company.
- Educated to at least graduate level (or equivalent).
- A full, driving licence for driving in the UK is preferred.
- Two satisfactory work references, including current or most recent employer, where applicable
- A particular knowledge and a proven track record of professional work experience at Account Manager level (minimum three years) in media relations, PR, digital PR and social media.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate strong skills and professional experience in the above areas as well as a clear understanding of how they interact and can be brought to bear in order to further the goals of our clients.
- Experience of working across a range of media types and social media platforms would be an advantage.
- Candidates should also be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish and UK media landscape as it currently is and how it might develop in the future.
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strategic approach and have the confidence to manage their own workload as well as having the capability to add value through an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our services that will assist the continued growth of the business.
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will be expected to use their initiative and manage the skills of our team to deliver clear, measurable outcomes for clients as well as demonstrating an ability to attract new clients and contribute actively to the future growth of the business.
- Knowledge of the political landscape in Scotland is desirable but not essential
- Additional skills in digital marketing, design and video production would be an advantage
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the commercial aspects of agency life.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent grasp of all Microsoft Office based software.
In return they offer:
- Competitive salary
- Auto enrolment in our company pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Private health insurance
- 28 days paid holiday plus Christmas/New Year Shutdown
- Clear opportunities for growth and progression
The role is available for immediate start and is proposed to be full time although we will also consider seriously proposals for flexible / part-time working.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Claire for a chat on 07753 625944.
Closing date Wednesday 7th February 2018.