One of Scotland’s leading PR, public affairs and design agencies, is seeking a new Account Manager (approx 4 days a week but open to negotiation).
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with public affairs / political / government relations and will have worked in an agency environment before so would be comfortable with managing accounts and client relationships autonomously.
Due to continued expansion, the company are on the lookout for an exceptional self-starter to fulfil this role, an individual who exhibits a proactive and positive approach. The role will involve daily management of client accounts, including strategic planning and advice, with a particular emphasis on the provision of public affairs, digital PR and social media support. In return, they are able to offer a varied and stimulating working environment with the opportunity to gain indepth knowledge and experience across a broad range of sectors and working with a professional, dynamic, friendly and approachable team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage day-to-day relationships with clients, ensuring they receive structured and strategic communications advice and support.
- Working in close consultation with the client, to plan and implement communications strategies on their behalf.
- Assisting clients to develop positive relationships with target stakeholders and to influence decision-making and the political process.
- Managing relationships with journalists and the media on behalf of clients.
- Participating actively in business development, networking and profile-raising activity on behalf of the company.
- Proactively managing social media channels on behalf of clients with the aim of positively managing their reputation and raising their profile.
- Researching and writing media and policy copy in a range of styles and formats to suit a variety of different audiences and to a consistently high standard.
- Proactive media and political monitoring and background research on clients’ behalf.
- Where appropriate, selling in additional design and digital services that can further assist the client to achieve their communications objectives.
- Actively participating in new client pitches with the aim of securing new business for the company.
- Educated to at least graduate level (or equivalent).
- A full, driving licence for driving in the UK is preferred.
- Two satisfactory work references, including current or most recent employer, where applicable
- A particular knowledge and a proven track record of professional work experience at Account Manager level (minimum three years) in digital PR, social media and influencing the political process.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate strong skills and professional experience in the above areas as well as a clear understanding of how they interact and can be brought to bear in order to further the goals of our clients.
- Experience of working across a range of policy areas and economic sectors would be an advantage.
- Candidates should also be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish and UK media and political landscapes.
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strategic approach and have the confidence to manage their own workload as well as having the capability to add value through an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our services that will assist the continued growth of the business.
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will be expected to use their initiative and manage the skills of our team to deliver clear, measurable outcomes for clients as well as demonstrating an ability to attract new clients and contribute actively to the future growth of the business.
- Proven knowledge of working with project management systems and understanding of the commercial aspects of agency life.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent grasp of all Microsoft Office based software.
In return they offer:
- Competitive salary
- Auto enrolment in company pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Private health insurance
- 28 days paid holiday plus Christmas/New Year Shutdown
- Clear opportunities for growth and progression
Please email email@example.com with your CV or call Claire on 07753625944 for an initial chat.
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018